Login

Gallup Sun

Monday, Oct 15th

Last update01:29:49 PM GMT

You are here: News Sun News House fire claims life of woman

House fire claims life of woman

E-mail Print PDF

A woman pulled from a mid-morning house fire was pronounced dead at the scene Dec. 12

Gallup Police Department Capt. Marinda Spencer said the call on the fire, at 608 S. Woodrow, came in Metro Dispatch shortly before 11 am this morning.

First responders were on scene within minutes, and kept the blaze from spreading to other structures.

“(Firefighters) found a person unconscious inside of the house,” Spencer said. “They weren’t successful in reviving the individual.”

Office of the Medical Investigators officials arrived on scene to investigate the death. No details were released about the victim, pending notification of next of kin.

At this juncture, it’s not clear what may have ignited the blaze. Spencer said a full investigation involving the state fire marshal's office is underway.

Update Dec. 12, 5:53 pm:

The victim is Terri Martinez, 52, of Rio Rancho, N.M. Martinez worked at the Gallup Indian Medical Center.

Her death was the result of an accidental electrical fire.

Developing story.

Share/Save/Bookmark